How to Refund Skins and Items in Fortnite Battle Royale
This guide will explain how you can refund Items and Skins in Fortnite Battle Royale. Many players think that it’s impossible to return something you have purchased but that’s wrong. Epic Games made a special system which allows you to return the stuff you have purchased in Cash Shop.
There are several important things you need to know before you continue:
- When you make a refund you receive V-Bucks, not cahs. You will not receive real money for the item. Doesn’t matter how much dollars you spent. You will get V-Bucks anyway.
- There are only 3 lifetime requests available for an account! You can’t return items again and again and in my opinion, 3 times is enough. I don’t know if the developers will allow someone to make the 4th request. Maybe that’s possible if you contact the support directly and ask them gently. Who knows, maybe they will allow one extra request. But I think that they will not.
- You have only 30 days for returning an item after purchasing. That’s because some people may try to sell items from an old season and purchase items from the new one.
- Consumable items are not refundable. You can’t return Battle Pass, Battle Bundle, Battle Pass Tires.
How to request a refund?
Right now the Refund button is located in Game Settings. I don’t know why the developers decided to place it there. Maybe they decided to hide it to lower the number of requests… Anyway, go to Settings — > Account Tab.
Pay Attention: there is an Epic Account ID located at this page. If you are making a video or screenshot don’t show this ID to anybody. If someone knows your ID he can potentially receive access to your account!
- Step 1: Click the “Submit a Request” button to initiate the process. You will see the list of all eligible items. Find and select an item you wish to return and continue.
- Step 2: After this, you need to select the reason why you are making this request. There are 3 options available: Accidental Purchase, Unauthorized Purchase, Item not as Expected. I recommend to be honest and select the real reason. As you see from the Request Reasons, this system is not for providing players with free V-Bucks, it’s for helping a new player if he made a mistake.
- Step 3: Submit a request and wait.
A lot of you guys may think that returning items you purchased in the last 30 days is unfair but that’s the way Epic Games is making money. I also don’t like this system. I wish they change it to 3 lifetime requests but for ANY item or skin you have ever bought.
I personally don’t recommend using this system for getting free V-Bucks. That’s because if you make an accident purchase in future you may not have any requests left. Don’t use this system if you don’t really need the help.
Only registered users can comment. Login or register, please.